Files being selected can be filtered based on their name and extension. For that purpose:
- Go to the
Select files panel.
- Fill in the
File filter text box with the appropriate value (see explanations below).
- Proceed with the file selection (see related topic).
FILE FILTERS USING WILDCARDS
Wildcards (* and ?) can be specified while specifying file filters:
- The filter '*.htm' will look for all files with an htm extension.
- The filter 'm*.txt' will look for all files starting with m and having a .txt extension.
The * will match any number of characters (any character).
The ? will match one single character (any character), for example:
- The filter 'm?.txt' will look for all files with a .txt extension and having a two letters filename starting with m (not counting the extension and path here).
COMBINING FILE FILTERS
File filters can be combined in one single search, just separate them with a semi-colon, e.g.:
- The filter '*.htm;m*.txt' will look for all files with extension .htm and for all files with extension .txt starting with the letter m.